My top 5 things to get excited about this week…
1. First up is my discovery of bite sized classic baked treats like these mini (and gluten free) Bakewell Tarts in Costa Coffee, that helped me power through the week. They would be a great talking point at your Wedding party – the new cake pop.
2. As you know I love a Marchesa dress but sadly could not afford to actually own one. Happy news this week that they are set to launch a more contemporary and affordable line at the end of the year with prices starting at $150. “We have always had a vision for Marchesa to be a lifestyle brand,” Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman told WWD. “We have been very specific for eveningwear so far. We always had this dream that Marchesa could transcend into all different areas of lifestyle.”
You can read more at Vogue UK, eek! http://www.vogue.co.uk/
3. There had to be a bit of Wedding specific news on this week’s run down and it is a new designer collaboration. Peter Som will be bringing his self-described “effortless elegance and refined sexiness” style to a new collection of Wedding dresses for BHLDN out next month. Read more on BHLDN – http://www.bhldn.com/
4. To be honest I do not know how this one eluded me until now but Dan Brown has finally finished penning the next Professor Robert Langdon adventure, Inferno. I cannot wait to escape into the pages of a thriller with some historical enlightment and a dash of conspiracy theory. I’ve preordered my copy now so roll on May.
Read more at BBC News – http://www.bbc.co.uk/
5. Another of my current fave designers to have also cottoned on to that fact that their fashion fans cannot afford their price tags, is Oscar De La Renta. An exclusive Oscar De La Renta capsule collection will be available on The OutNet from February 26th… I am counting down the days. Promising gorgeous gowns and polished separates the 24 pieces will start from $325. And the campaign will be fronted by fashion maven Olivia Palermo “It’s all about reinterpreting classic styles, so we wanted someone polished who represented the Oscar brand but that also was someone that Oscar doesn’t typically use,” said an Oscar De La Renta rep. I hope The OutNet have the capacity for a shopping frenzy on the 26th http://www.theoutnet.com/
And don’t forget it is the BAFTAs tonight, if you follow me on twitter expect lots of gown related tweets. Happy Sunday x