My birthday present requests this year were a range of the most talked about beauty hero products. Here’s what I unwrapped last week and what I make of it.
1. Clarins, Beauty Flash Balm is one of those hero products that it seems every famous face uses to perk up and disguise the effects of many a late night. I particularly love this run up from my birthday to Christmas that’s littered with reasons to celebrate; Halloween, Fireworks night, Christmas parties many a time when Beauty Flash Balm will be called for.
2. Eve Lom Cuticle Cream, apart from having the odd manicure I’ve never owned a cuticle cream. Apparently this is a cardinal sin if you want enviable nails so I was thrilled that my sister in law treated me to this little wonder pot. It’s tiny and perfect for all size handbags, no excuses.
3. Now winter is upon us I tend to wear heavier make up – foundation rather than tinted moisturiser, lipsticks rather than lip balm. I need a cleanser that will strip it all off at the end of the day and the Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser has been the man for the job. And if I just close my eyes and breathe deeply I could be in a spa!
4. This may be a panic about getting older but I swear my hair is thinning. After reading many a beauty column the Aveda Invati range which always gets glowing reviews was a November Beauty Buys must. Watch out Bridget Bardot!
5. Ending on a fun one, have you seen these Nailed Kits? I’m pretty useless with the nail art pens so these little sticker packs give the wow factor with minimal effort and the packaging is pretty slick too!