Hello ladies, I’m back from partying in Las Vegas. I had an amazing time stateside and even caught a group wedding at The Pop Up Wedding Chapel which was rather surreal. To occupy myself on the plane I bought a heavy pile of magazines and wanted to share some of the make up trends 2013 that I spotted.
1. One to get excited about – the new Art Deco inspired Benefit make up collection will be a stylish addition for your handbag. Sadly we won’t be able to get our hands on it until September (nice tie in with the hotly anticipated The Great Gatsby movie). Make up trends 2013 will no doubt see an influence of all things 1920’s from make up looks to packaging. Keep your eyes peeled on the Benefit website for more info on their Art Deco inspired collection: www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk
2. I’d just got the hang of BB creams (particularly effective on holiday) and now there’s a new letter act in town… CC. CC could stand for clever cream but it is meant to be ‘complexion correcting’. So what’s different? Well CC cream is a little lighter than BB and sits more in the skincare category as with no tint it is more of a primer with added benefits. Those benefits include reducing redness and dark spots as well as plumping the skin and protecting it with SPF. I’m sold. From what I’ve read this CC cream from L’Oreal is one of the best around.
3. Next up on the make up trends 2013 front is another celebrity collaboration with Rihanna designing an exclusive collection for MAC cosmetics. Describing the teaming as ‘a no-brainer’ RiRi’s bringing her penchant for dark lipstick and smokey eyes to our beauty counters. Find out more at: www.maccosmetics.com
4. Whilst magazine flipping I saw a lot about a new trend for ‘foundation nails’, in essence skin tone polish shades. As I’m completely inept at the whole nail art squiggles and patterns I will certainly be adopting this one pronto.
5. And talking of foundation, I’ve got a new favourite Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. It smells great, fruity and fresh which is unlike any other foundation I’ve tried. Check out the Healthy range at – http://www.bourjois.co.uk/
Foundation Nails spied on O, Human Holiday! blog – http://ohumanholiday.blogspot.co.uk/