The Christmas excitement continues this weekend with a final flourish of paint in the lounge (rest of the house is a disaster zone!) ready to be graced with a tree and a shed load of glitter. The gift buying is also in full swing and that’s got me thinking about this year’s style of present wrapping. Weird to some but this is my stylist indulgence and I’m going for black and white with touches of gold. Hitting Etsy in search of the perfect materials, I wanted to share my christmas gift wrap ideas with you Bijou readers should you also be looking for inspiration. This monochrome combination is modern and stylish which would also work for wedding favors or perhaps the patterns and overall look will inspire your stationery suite.
Gift wrapping is one of my favourite Christmas traditions – mince pies, mulled wine and an afternoon of wrapping set to the soundtrack of festive classics. One of my jobs as a teenager involved working at a beauty counter in a big department store. Expert gift wrapping was par for the course. My top tips for a luxurious appearance are to fold over the edges of your wrapping paper before sticking with tape. Sellotape is the VPL of gifts and should never be on show. To conceal sellotape place half along your paper edge and then fold it back on itself before sticking down.
1. It all starts with a great wrapping paper design, loving this marble look.
Marble Speckled Wrapping Paper by Norman’s Printery
2. Stickers aren’t just for kids, these gold ones will add a luxurious touch to your gifts.
Gold Circle Stickers by The Polka Paperie
3. String replaces ribbon for me this year, use two to three strands for effect.
Metallic Gold Bakers Twine by Chicky Doddle
4. These gift tags are something a little different.
Black and White Ooh La La Gift tags by Linsey Mouse
5. Finish with an added gift for your loved one, a cool Christmas decoration tied with gift tag.
Black & White Leather Christmas Decoration Set by Marieke Jacobs