Let’s talk food. A priority for any wedding and surely one of the most enjoyable planning elements. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Funthyme at a couple of client weddings now and relish their fresh approach to wedding catering. They specialise in the less formal, ‘family style’ sharing menus which are so popular with my couples this year. Tailoring their menus to ensure each celebration is truly unique. If you’re in the midst of creating the perfect wedding menu this Top 10 from the Funthyme team will set you on the right path.
1) Create a menu that tells a story. Perhaps inspired by your first date, your heritage, a favourite dish, a favourite restaurant, a funny story or a special meal you shared together on holiday.
2) It’s all about lavish and opulent feasting menus designed to make a statement. Get your guests sharing and interacting.
3) Over dressed ‘cordon bleu’ presentations are dated and naff. We prefer natural but elegant plating. No swoshes. No swirls.
4) Fire up the BBQ for Summer celebrations! We love marinating and barbecuing whole lamb racks, lobsters, whole beef fillets and baby chickens to share.
5) Go for a light but satisfying menu. Bloated guests crashing before the party starts is not a good look.
6) Start the party with exciting canapés and sensational drinks. Goodbye frozen mini burgers. Hello sbagliato.
7) Offer late night treats to soak up the booze from a street food stand. Tacos, sliders, salt beef bagels and gourmet hot dogs.
8) Style it out with stylish and beautiful staff.
9) Demand a pre tasting with your caterer. This shouldn’t cost you the earth.
To find out more about Funthyme, their super Summer supper clubs & scrumptious food, head to – www.funthyme.com