May has been a bumper month for new discoveries so I had to share them with you dear readers and give you the chance to win some of them in a beauty giveaway.
1. Fresh faced – the sun’s come out and hot summer days aren’t far behind. This calls for a change up in my beauty routine, out goes the heavy foundation and in comes a multi-tasking Beauty Balm. Having read a few reviews in the beauty press I decided to give the new Decleor Hydrafloral BB cream a go. Firstly it smells divine, just like fresh flowers and glides on more like a gel than a cream (deceptive title) but it gives a really pleasant fresh and light coverage. Admittedly it doesn’t have the same longevity of a foundation despite the 24hr promise but I don’t mind topped up in the afternoon as it makes my skin feel so soft. This is also the first time I’ve bought anything from QVC online as this Decleor Hydrafloral BB cream is exclusive to them, but it’s a revelation and dangerous for my bank balance!
Get your dose of BB action at QVC – www.qvcuk.com
2. Some freshness – seeking even more floral freshness, have you spied the new re-branded Impulse fragrances? Don’t get me wrong I love my perfume but in summer it’s nice to carry something lighter than a big glass bottle, for an on-the-go fragrance boost. I grabbed Romantic Spark and True Love for my Wedding kit bag and have had compliments already so they’re definitely sticking around for the rest of the season. Admittedly the fragrance names sound more like teenage romance novels ‘Tease’, ‘Loving Words’ etc but the scents developed by famed ‘nose’ Ann Gottlieb are really easy to wear.
3. New GHD love – sadly my original GHD straighteners have gone to hair heaven so it’s time for a new kid on the block. When I first bought GHD’s there were only two types available so I was little flabbergasted to see their enormous range online. I’ve gunned for a splash of colour with a set of Mint coloured straighteners from the new GHD Candy Collection. Of course they rock and compared to my last set create perfect curls and waves, as the design is smoother and rounder.
Shop the huge range at – www.ghdhair.com
4. Nails like Kate – I love a gel manicure but struggle to make it to the nail salon before they chip and grow out. When I first saw the new Rimmel Salon Pro with Lycra nail polishes I was a little dubious but as they were on promotion I thought I’d give them a go. Hearts. I picked up a pink shade and it’s lasted over 5 days with no chipping and still glossy without a top coat. They just need some more shades in the range now!
See all the shades at – http://uk.rimmellondon.com/
5. Snag free – On a recent hen party I won some snag free fabric hair bands (for a naughty poem I’ll have you know). Traumatised by childhood scrunchies, I’ve been using invisible elastics to tie my hair forever so would never have bought these fabric bands. Are you a convert? I’m in love with them and they actually look good too. They are quite expensive compared to elastics but I found a great DIY tutorial online so am going to run up some of my own.
Get crafty with this tutorial from Love U Madly – www.loveumadly.com/
Fancy trying out my new purchases? I’ve got a Bijou goody box packed with Decleor Hydrafloral BB cream, 4 of the new Impulse Fragrances and a Rimmel Salon Pro with Lycra nail polish just for you in this month’s beauty giveaway.
To win simply email: email@example.com your name, email address, postal address with the subject heading ‘BEAUTY GIVEAWAY’
If you have any recommendations for my June beauty buy shopping list, please do leave a comment.
Terms & Conditions
1. To enter you must be a UK resident aged 18yrs and over.
2. No cash alternative will be offered.
3. Your details will not be shared with any third parties.
4. Competition closes midnight Sunday 16th June 2013.
5. Winner will be contacted by email.