Ann Guise has been designing since a mere 5 years old when she would create doll’s clothing on a child’s Singer Sewing Machine. Since then she has become the leading specialist in Silk Wedding Veils. Veils are not for everyone but after last year’s celebratory Weddings – Kate Moss, Lily Allen and of course Kate Middleton, they are back in the Fashion fore. Personally I find there is something quite ethereal and magical about the Veil, from my own experience I found a Veil really made me feel 100% Bride rather than just a girl in a pretty dress. As Ann says “A silk wedding veil can make a dramatic difference, transforming the simplest dress into a stunning bridal outfit.“
Ann Guise Veils are custom made to order and can be hand beaded with Swarovski pearls or crystals, scattered with Swarovski diamante, edged with silk ribbon, lace or stunning bespoke hand embroidery.
With her years of expertise Ann is THE person to advise you brides on the ins and outs of wearing a Veil, here are her top 10 tips.
1. Try different styles and lengths of Wedding Veil to find the one that best compliments your outfit.
2. Don’t have a heavily patterned Wedding Veil with a very ornate dress as one will ‘fight’ with the other.
3. Don’t have a Wedding Veil that cuts across detail at the back of the dress, let the Wedding Veil finish below the decoration. Silk tulle is sheer enough to allow decoration to show through.
4. If you are petite don’t have a Veil that swamps you such as a high bouffant Veil, it will only make you look smaller.
5. If possible, take your Veil with you when you have your hair trial. Your hairdresser can help you decide where to place your Veil and what size comb is best to secure it.
6. If you are nervous about pressing your Veil, ask the store where you bought it if they will steam it a couple of days before the Wedding. You can transport it home covered in a pillow case or duvet cover depending on its length.
7. Don’t make a decision about whether to wear a Wedding Veil or not until you have tried some on with your dress. A long Veil can create a wonderful ‘aura’ around you.
8. Don’t forget you can have a Veil made to measure just as you can a dress. You can have the exact length and decoration that YOU want.
View the entire Ann Guise collection at: