I know it can be hard to be imaginative about a white plastic structure but I’ve asked luxury experts RAJ Tent Club to share their advice for creating a truly unique marquee wedding. There are so many stunning ideas and styles here, it’s hard to pick a favourite!
1. A tent isn’t just a tent! You can get all shapes and sizes, colours and varieties so take the time to really research your dream set up. You can theme your wedding along with your tent style. Every element can be specific to your wishes for example ceilings can be especially created in different colours and motifs. You could theme a purple star tent with your flowers, shoes and bridesmaids dresses or match the table stationery to one specific element.
2. If there’s already a marquee at your venue you can transform it into something luxurious and unique with an additional lining. At RAJ Tent Club we specialise in lining clear span structures with our sumptuous linings, transforming the ordinary into something magical. Perhaps a ceiling of magical stars to create a unique and enchanted environment or a colour based lining to match your wedding theme.
3. A tent gives you the ultimate flexibility as you can really take ownership of the space. Tailor the layout to your needs. You can plan where you’d like the bar situated, the dance-floor and top table rather than hiring a fixed wedding venue where there isn’t much option for change.
4. Look for quality. At RAJ Tent Club we aim to supply something more than your old plastic marquee. All our tents are handmade in India using natural materials and employing many different local skills, block printing, dyeing, tassel making, embroidery, mirror work and weaving.
5. Accessorise. You can have a wail of a time stylising a tent with furniture and props. From colourful leather plush pouffes to pretty parasols with shimmery metal fringing. You can scatter cushions in colours and sequins to add that little bit of sparkle to white furniture too. Or just design something totally bespoke, the world is your oyster.
6. Lighting the mood of your tent is essential and you can really have fun with this! Moroccan lanterns are a great idea as they can create various shapes of colour on the walls of your marquee. A mass of hundreds of candles in votive holders would create an ambient romantic mood. Or for the ultimate luxurious statement hanging chandeliers.
7. Don’t forget the area outside your marquee. If it’s a hot day you’ll need some sunshades and outdoor seating for your lounging guests. Furnished areas will provide extra space for your guests to sit and sun themselves as well as an area for those naughty smokers!
9. Accommodate everyone in the wedding party, even the dogs! Look how cute these doggie tents are to accommodate every guest in the party!
10. Remember it’s your dream day so have fun planning it!
Thank you to RAJ Tent Club for their expertise and inspiration, who knew there were so many options. You can find out more about their amazing tents, linings and accessories at – www.rajtentclub.com