Hi I’m Alexandra
I started The Bijou Bride over 7years ago to tie together my experience and passions; event planning, design and the simple love of an unforgettable party. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of working with more than 50 couples as The Bijou Bride throughout the United Kingdom, France and Italy. Taking their story and crafting it into a heartfelt wedding design and schedule of celebrations that really pack a punch.
With a background in music PR, film marketing and fashion styling, my reference points for inspiration are diverse. What’s imperative to me is that your love story is reflected honestly in the framework and aesthetics of your day. It is such a personal journey and I want you to feel like I’ve got your back every step of the way. So whether you like sharing inspiration through WhatsApp, Instagram, Pinterest or discussing the big day via email, Skype or in person, I endeavour to fit the wedding planning around your lifestyle and preferences.
Aside from event planning I also consult for wedding brands and venues, teach new and existing planners the art of wedding design and am fashion editorial stylist at Rock n Roll Bride magazine. This provides me, and in turn my clients, with exposure to the best talent, freshest ideas and exclusive offers which all contribute to ensuring their wedding stands out from the crowd.
Things that get me from
Sunrise to Sunset
- A strong coffee to kick start the day
- I’m old fashioned and still adore writing ideas down in a nice notebook with a pen
- Countryside strolls with my furry companions Milo & Dylan
- Escaping into an Agatha Christie classic
- Like my notebooks, I may be one of the few who still buy fashion and interiors magazines, a constant inspiration for design plans
- Putting the world to rights over gin based cocktails