The Bijou Bride was founded 8years ago by Alexandra Merri to tie together her experience and passion for event planning, design and the simple love of an unforgettable party. What started as a fashion stylist’s bridal centric blog (when blogs were just journals) quickly snowballed with increasing requests to style bridal campaigns, write for wedding magazines and advise couples on planning their wedding. Keen to expand her knowledge of event organisation (the then day job) into weddings with the potential to live aboard, Alexandra qualified as an International Wedding Planner in 2011. Since then Alexandra along with her trusted team of skilled assistants has had the pleasure of working with busy professionals and creatives from around the Globe crafting dream weddings throughout the United Kingdom, France and Italy. The team’s goal is always to create utterly unforgettable celebrations from the heart that really pack a sparkling punch!
With a background in film marketing, music PR and fashion styling, Alexandra’s reference points for inspiration are diverse. “What’s imperative to me is that your love story is not only reflected honestly in the framework and aesthetics of your celebrations but that the journey to the big day is also an equally magical time for you both. It is such a personal experience and I want you to feel like I’ve got your back every step of the way. Partnering with busy couples both within and outside the U.K. we want to fit the planning and design around your lifestyle. So however you prefer to share inspiration or discuss the wedding, everything is tailored to suit you.”
Aside from event planning Alexandra also consults for wedding brands and venues, teaches new and existing planners the art of wedding design and is fashion editorial stylist at Rock N Roll Bride magazine. This provides Bijou clients with exposure to the best talent, freshest ideas and exclusive offers which all contribute to ensuring your wedding stands out from the crowd.
Things that get me from
Sunrise to Sunset
- On a healthy day it starts with a smoothie – current fave is frozen berries, banana, almond milk, spinach, oats & a dash of spirulina
- I’m old fashioned and still adore writing ideas down in a nice notebook with a pen, although my handwriting could be better calligraphy is not my strong suit
- There is always music in the office, always
- Countryside strolls with Milo & Dylan my spoilt dogs, better than any gym membership. Nature provides great inspiration
- Escaping into an Agatha Christie classic, I was definitely born in the wrong era!
- Working in film you naturally become movie obsessed, some of my all time faves Mary Poppins (the original obviously), Some Like It Hot, Indiana Jones, Grand Budapest Hotel
- Putting the world to rights with good friends over gin based cocktails & long feasts into the night