The Bijou Bride was founded over 8years ago by Alexandra Merri to tie together her experience and passion for event planning, design and the simple love of an unforgettable party. Since then Alexandra along with a trusted team of skilled assistants has had the pleasure of working with wonderful couples from around the Globe creating their dream weddings throughout the United Kingdom, France and Italy. Taking their unique love story and crafting it into a heartfelt wedding design and schedule of celebrations that really pack a punch.
With a background in music PR, film marketing and fashion styling, Alexandra’s reference points for inspiration are diverse. “What’s imperative to me is that your love story is reflected honestly in the framework and aesthetics of your day. It is such a personal journey and I want you to feel like I’ve got your back every step of the way. So whether you like sharing inspiration through WhatsApp, Instagram, Pinterest or discussing the big day via email, Skype or in person, I endeavour to fit the wedding planning around your lifestyle and preferences.”
Aside from event planning Alexandra also consults for wedding brands and venues, teaches new and existing planners the art of wedding design and is fashion editorial stylist at Rock n Roll Bride magazine. This provides Bijou clients with exposure to the best talent, freshest ideas and exclusive offers which all contribute to ensuring your wedding stands out from the crowd.
Things that get me from
Sunrise to Sunset
- On a healthy day it’s a smoothie to kick start the day – current fave is frozen berries, banana, almond milk, spinach, oats & a dash of spirulina
- I’m old fashioned and still adore writing ideas down in a nice notebook with a pen
- There is always music, always
- Countryside strolls with my spoilt dogs Milo & Dylan, better than any gym membership
- Escaping into an Agatha Christie classic, I was definitely born in the wrong era!
- Like my notebooks, I may be one of the few who still buy fashion and interiors magazines, a constant inspiration for design plans if not my actual home and wardrobe!
- Working in film you become movie obsessed, some of my all time faves Mary Poppins (the original obviously), Some Like It Hot, Indiana Jones, Grand Budapest Hotel
- Putting the world to rights with good friends over gin based cocktails & long feasts