Admittedly I did hear about Coquette a couple of months ago (yes I do deserve a Bijou slap on the wrists) but with my diary filling up with hen parties this is the perfect antidote to garish shades of pink, devil horns and greasy muscled stripers. Coquette afternoons the dream child of 40 Winks owner Mr Carter(‘The most beautiful small hotel in the world’ don’t you know) are a self-described combination of ‘girly fun, fashion and frivolity’ perfect for you Bijou ladies and your hen party guests.
The exclusive Coquette only allows for 60 guests ensuring no unladylike bickering behaviour over their beauty bar. With only a few dates available throughout the year (18th June, 20th August, 15th October, 3rd December) Bijou brides and your select companions can expect:
* Tea cup cocktails served with dainty sandwiches
* Hair tips from Vintage style specialists Lipstick & Curls
* One to One dance lessons with a very dapper Mr Crook
* Murad beauty clinic & Benefit Make-Up Artistry
* A Dressing Up wardrobe full of vintage wonders from Rag & Bow
* Classes on everything from Cocktail Making to the Art of Kissing
* Clairvoyants to ensure you’ve chosen the right husband
Hosted at one of my favourite London hangouts Kettners in Soho seriously this could not be further up my stylish street, I’m planning to attend 15th October (please note my birthday 22nd October for any Bijou love you want to send my way) if you fancy sharing a frivolous afternoon with me and I promise to be on hand to share my wedding styling tips too (pre-Champagne!).
40 Winks: www.40winks.org