My regular commute takes me to London’s St Pancras International and bizarrely always makes me happy with its waiting lovers, Eurodisney hungover kids and irresistible Peyton & Byrne cupcake window.
Being an advocate of the UK’s most glamourous train station I wanted to be one of the first to share the news that finally the doors to the St Pancras Renaissance hotel have been opened and they have stunning wedding facilities!
After a multimillion pound renovation the 5 star St Pancras Renaissance Hotel proves that Sir John Betjeman was wrong when he said this Victorian masterpiece was a Gothic treasure “too beautiful and too romantic to survive.” It is a rarity in London to see a hotel that manages to preserve its gothic charm with a contemporary edge – a perfect venue for brides and grooms looking for chic timeless luxury. And it is seeped in history having been originally designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott to offer its traveller guests a world of grandeur, luxury and fantasy behind its fairytale red facade with innovations such as ascending rooms (elevators as we now call them!) and revolving doors only adding to the sense of awe. Now in 2011, the doors of this luxury hotel will be turning once again, sweeping wedding guests into a world where modern amenities mingle with the extravagance of rail’s golden age.
So what does it have to offer to brides-to-be, in their own words:
- The Ladies Smoking Room, first of its kind in the Victorian era, makes a spectacular pre-wedding area for guests
- The light and elegant First Floor Room is a thoroughly British wedding reception venue in London
- Occupying the former cobbled driveway, the Main Function Room combines Victorian splendour & style
- Grand yet intimate, this wedding venue in London boasts monumental fireplaces, carved panelling, gold leaf ceilings & hand-stenciled wall designs
- Artistic menus crafted with care
They also have wonderful Spa facilities and a Men’s Grooming lounge for Bride and Groom’s pampering preparation pleasure.
|The Grand Staircase – perfect for those post-ceremony photos|
|Something blue? Bedrooms have a similar grand scale|
See more of this super chic wedding venue, request wedding packages or make your reservation now:
t: 44 (0)20 7841 3540